Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Hard Work of Finishing and Sanding a BJD

If you are trying to go for a professional finished BJD with the purpose of reproduction you really have to do things right, have to consider the big competence out there when you try to introduce a new one.
For the beginners I will tell you learn to sculpt first and practice a lot, if you start right away trying to make a BJD it will be more likely for you to just get frustrated, unless you are doing it just for fun and then just go ahead and have fun... because is it really rewarding just to see your cute doll being able to just move and be play with!  

But if you are going for reproducing and trying to sell your Dolls, then you have to be really committed to, with that I meant your doll have to be perfect, all the sculpture, design, connections, I know some Artists that already have their own style, you know? that signature that makes your dolls being recognized by other, that is really good if you are thinking commercial, cause you have to add "your special touch" to your own BJDs.
Here I have in my table a doll I've been working on, she was made on a live class in CuriosMondo.com. made fairly fast (about 9 hrs)... which wasn't that good really for my personal use, for the class was perfect being able to teach all about. So, later on, it took me about a week just by fixing her design and parts.

By now, I'm on finishing steps... where sanding is a must!! 
If you are working with "Creative Paper clay" and following my steps on sanding (all info on my video classes), You should not have problems here. After this; the very last step will be stringing the doll for last time and check everything. 

And if everything works fine, all pieces will be sealed and ready to me molded. 
Even if you are not supporting my page keep following as I will be posting public updates about my works.
What are you working on now?
N.S.

2 comments: