Sunday, October 18, 2015

Black Widow

This is a Project for a Contest, the Challenge is to make a Creature based just on a Styrofoam head, using the most simply materials on hand. And so I did

I just wanna say that I have no training at all on FX Make up, I'm a Sculptor/Artist/Artisan of many talents and YES is it my dream on going to a FX Make Up School!!

I was inspired on the big jumping spider I have on my garden, I think they are cute! This came out of my blank imagination I didnt watch any reference of picture design or so, was just the spare of the moment and well I do like making Females Characters.

Materials:
- Styrofoam head
- Styrofoam balls (and some extra cut off pieces for horns) 
- News Paper
- Masking Tape
- Mod Podge
- Acrylic Paints
- Paper Clay (Premier)
- Cold Porcelain (what a heck is that? Is clay made out of corn starch and white glue)
- Diamond Glaze
- Craft Paper
- Faux Hair
- Vintage Jewelry
- Trim and lace
- Craft Roses
- Tacky Glue
- 3D Paint
- two pieces of foam
- Hot glue gun

Here goes step by Step pics:













Eyes are Styrofoam balls cover with Cold Porcelain


Painted with acrylics and Dimensional 
 


Building up with news paper


 Teeth Also made with Cold Porcelain (air dry clay) 









Some craft paper to cover the horns






 More Craft Paper and Mod Podge to give some texture




 A little Paper Clay for gums








 My own primer Mod Pogde and black acrylic paint :)
Several coats of this




Painting with dry brush and acrylics


Adding hair and foam to give shape






Voila!! Two days of work

Vintage Jewelry added, Skull Cameo also made by me.
 
No bugs were harm on the making of this Creature!!

Thanks for watching :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi I was wondering if you could send me the bjd tutorial files by email. The ones I saved from your page are to small to read. erica@elksoaps.com
    thank you!!

    ReplyDelete